Image Map

Apr 8, 2016

Beauty Review: Etude House Tint My Brows Gel

Just like many other people out there, I have a lot to be conscious about when it comes to my appearance; my teeth, my eyes, especially my eyebrows! I have sparse eyebrows so it's quite understandable why an eyebrow pencil, powder, gel, heck even temporary tattoo(!) is a definite must-have in my makeup bag. 

Okay, so about that temporary eyebrow tattoo. It's something I have just recently found out about and the thought of saving time everyday getting ready appealed to me. Enter Etude House Tint My Brows Gel. 

etude house tint my brows gel

I've been hearing stuff about this particular product and thought, why not give it a go? So to the Etude House store I went and purchased their Tint My Brows Gel. I was both nervous and excited as the day came to finally try it out (a day where I had nowhere to be, but at home, safe from the inquisitive eyes of people). 

etude house tint my brows gel

So this is what it says on the back:

Directions:
            1. After trimming the eyebrows without applying skincare product or makeup, apply a liberal 
                amount according to the desired shape of the eyebrow. (Apply a liberal amount to remove the pack easily.)
2. Dry for at least 2 hours. For stronger coloration, apply before going to bed at night and remove the next morning.
3. After drying completely, remove slowly starting from the tail of the eyebrow. (Do not remove the pack forcibly since it may pull out the eyebrow.)
4. Do not use a cleansing product (product with detergency) or apply force on the eyebrow area within 24 hours of using the product.

Beauty TIPs:

1. If skin is too oily or it has lots of dead skin cells, tidy up the eyebrow and surrounding skin before applying the pack to ensure good coloring.
2. If you make a mistake in drawing, correct or wipe clean with cotton swab or clean tissue before it completely dries out.

I got even more nervous when I saw the gooey consistency of this product, but I sucked it up (no, not the product) and proceeded to apply it onto my eyebrows.


To be honest, I wasn't very satisfied with my application since it looked to me uneven and I want my brows to be even. However, I found out that it wasn't that bad. Sure, the left brow looked a bit thicker than I would've wanted it to look, but it's nothing that I can't live with.


Peeling it off was surprisingly easy. Not much eyebrow hair got snagged and the end result looked actually good.


Okay, to be totally honest with you guys, I redid the whole process after three days because I felt like I made a mistake the first time I applied this Tint My Brows Gel. So on the first try, after a couple of minutes of peeling it off (and having this photo taken), I got bothered by the bits and pieces of leftover peeling stuck on my eyebrow hair so I stupidly went to get a piece of cotton, wet it a  bit, and wiped off the leftover peelings with it. I guess you shouldn't do that because it left my eyebrows looking greenish and just plain weird. I had the misfortune of having to go out after that (because I needed to meet my brother at the mall) and while I was browsing through the makeup department, I swear all the saleslady I came across was suggesting eyebrow products. I'm guessing it was THAT obvious that my eyebrows were in a state of despair.

So I tried it out again, this time I was careful not to make my eyebrows look too thick and I definitely did not try wiping the excess peel-off with wet cotton. Needless to say, the result was better the second time around.


Below are a series of photos I took for 4 consecutive days just so you guys can see and compare. By the way, if you want to know how my eyebrows look sans makeup, please watch the YouTube video review I did on this (which I will also paste at the end of this post).


And then here are days 5 to 7:





I don't know if you can see much difference from Day 4 up to Day 7. I did notice that the tint on the tail end part of my eyebrows completely faded whereas the tint on the part of my eyebrows near the inner corners of my eyes did stay up to today, my 7th day, albeit barely noticeable (but upon closer look, you can tell). Overall, I am quite satisfied with this product and if like me, you have sparse eyebrows, you can reapply the tint after 4 days because after that, it's not going to be really noticeable anymore.

What I did when I saw some parts of the tint fading is just fill in those parts where the tint has already faded. It still saves you time getting ready.

So that's my review of the Etude House Tint My Brows Gel and I'm giving it 3.5 stars (I mean, it's not exactly their fault I have barely there brows, right?) and would consider repurchasing.

If you guys want me to review specific products, do let me know on the comment box. I'd be more than happy to oblige :)


No comments: